Friday, November 7, 2008

Things that make me laugh!

I have a weird sense of humor that most wouldn't find as funny, but sends me ROTFLOL! First my boss told me at the beginning of my employment that he knows someone that has Jazz tickets and when he gets them they will be mine. At first I thought they were box seats which is cool, but it still is too far away from the floor. NO, these tickets are right behind the Jazz players! I'm in heaven and I can't wait to actually get them. Second I took my momma to Boulevard Furniture so that she could enter the drawings. It is almost like when I took her to a neighborhood fire that happen a month ago. St. George needs some serious entertainment. Everyone was there to both occasions! As we are standing in line a complete stranger starts talking to me and my momma was rolling her eyes at me. I can't help it. I must have a friendly face, because everywhere I go I end up chatting with someone. I didn't get that trait from her, but my daddy is extremely friendly too. Then my BFF called me last night. I almost died from the laughter, because I couldn't breathe. She is so funny and clueless. I have to admit that I don't really like "girly games", but I am good at them and do it as effortlessly as breathing. She is attracting some guys lately and it starts out very innocently. She is shy, but very sweet and nice. They start talking to her and because she doesn't clue in that they are interested in her romantically (she doesn't ever think a guy would be interested in her) she is friendly back. Not flirty friendly, because she isn't really capable, just sweet and friendly. So eventually by the time that she clues into the fact they are interested she is mortified. I always ask her first if there is a possiblity of interest in her part and so far there isn't even a teeny bit. So I listen and give her advice to gently let them down, but in the meantime I have to just laugh at her reactions to the situations. I admit that I feel sorry for guys on this point. It takes a lot of courage and fortitude to approach us. I will try to gently get my point accross that I'm not interested, but after awhile they do get on my nerves. That is when the bitchy person comes out and they are sent to the curb. BFF doesn't have it in her to be anything, but tortured by the situations. She blames herself and she thinks she has led them on. Of course I had to laugh uncontrollably first than I told her to forget about it. We all lead men on. It is our role in life per say, but to feel guilty about it is like feeling guilty that you are breathing.

1 comment:

K.Pete said...

I'm with you. She can't take responsibility for someone else feeling like there was more. Unless she clearly TELLS him there is more or is kissing him (which she isn't) I don't think she can take responsibility. We can't control what other people think or hope - and it's not our responsibility to control the world. :)